- 99% of businesses do not perform a daily backup
- 60% of backup jobs are actually incomplete
- 50% of restore attempts fail
- Just 25% of backup tapes are stored off-site *
*If tapes are stored on-site at the time of a fire, they will be destroyed along with the server and the data.
The effects of data loss can be catastrophic:-
- On average, by the 6th day of a major data loss, companies experience a 25% loss in daily revenue. By day 25 it is 40%.
- 43% of companies that experience a severe data loss disaster and that have no recovery plan in place, never re-open.
- Did you know that the law insists that businesses take care of their data:-
- “You must safeguard your own or anyone else's data, by appropriate precautions against loss, corruption or unauthorized disclosure” - Data Protection Act 1998